Energy conservation measures at 10 sites across the District will be implemented through this project. With a Savings-to Investment Ratio of 1.10, the cost of these energy conservation measures will be outweighed by the energy savings realized through the upgrades; therefore the measures are eligible for the Proposition 39 Clean Energy Jobs Act funds. The Design and Construction under this project are being performed through an Energy Services Contract, which includes a savings and performance guarantee over 15 years. This project also provides other value-added benefits including improved indoor and outdoor environmental comfort and function, decreased disruption to learning and working environments, decreased maintenance burden, economic stimulus, educational enrichment, and associated environmental benefits.
The scope of work includes:
- Exterior lighting retrofits at 8 sites: Andrew P. Hill, Evergreen Valley, Foothill, Independence, Mt. Pleasant, Oak Grove, WC Overfelt, and Yerba Buena
The Exterior Lighting retrofit work involves replacing high pressure sodium (HPS), low pressure sodium (LPS) and metal halide (MH) fixtures with new high efficiency Light Emitting Diode (LED) fixtures, as well as Lighting Controls upgrades, at select locations across the eight sites. More than 1500 exterior fixtures, such as parking lot fixtures, post tops, wall packs, flood lights, and canopy fixtures, are being upgraded across eight campuses as part of this work.
- Interior lighting retrofits at 3 sites: Andrew P. Hill, Evergreen Valley, and Foothill
The Interior Lighting retrofit work involves replacing existing fluorescent lamps and ballasts with high efficiency LED lamps or fixtures, replacing hi-bay Gym fixtures with LED hi-bay fixtures, and installing Lighting Controls at select locations. Approximately 4600 interior fixtures are being upgraded and more than 300 control devices installed across three campuses as part of this work.
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) facilities at 2 sites: Calero High School and Overfelt Adult Center
Installation of the Solar PV facilities will offset the electrical consumption at the two sites. At Calero, three Solar arrays totaling 123 kW and approximately 8500 square feet, are being installed to generate over 180,000 kWh per year. At Overfelt Adult Center, two Solar arrays totaling 94 kW and approximately 6200 square feet are expected to generate over 135,000 kWh per year. The energy drawn from the electrical grid at both sites will be reduced by over 80%.
Project Budget: $6.0 M
- Exterior lighting retrofits at 8 sites: Completed November 2016
- Interior lighting retrofits at 3 sites: Completed October 2016
- Solar Photovoltaic facilities at 2 sites: Completed August 2016
Occupancy / Beneficial Use:
- Exterior lighting retrofits at 8 sites: November 2016
- Interior lighting retrofits at 3 sites: October 2016
- Solar Photovoltaic facilities at 2 sites: August 2016
Construction Manager: Swinerton Management & Consulting
Sajid Sulaiman, 650.208.8359, firstname.lastname@example.org
Energy Services Provider: Opterra Energy Services